ahmad10

Student of Knowledge

Lead

Aug 21 11 2:40 PM

Tags : :

As Salaamu Alaikum,

Just wanted to start this thread in case people had question regarding the last class as well as beyond this class.

I have several things -

1) Where can I get a good recipe for Thareed? :)

2) Where can I get more information about Hijamah, regarding how to do it, etc.?

3) Does the issue of recieving compensation for Hijamah being disliked cross into other virtous deeds? Meaning, is it allowed for one to say, for example, help the elderly for the reward from Allah (swt) but also ask to get compensated for it? Or is that disliked?

4) About the hadeeth narrated by Ibn Abi Awfa (r) - so Rasool Ullah (s) used to do actions which we do in Hajj (as that of Safa & Marwah) during his time in Makkah? Or is this hadeeth talking about a different period in Rasool Ullah (s)'s life?

5) This is a bit unrelated, but since we talked about these tyrant today - and we made dua in specific for the Rebels to be given victory against Ghaddafi (Ameen) - What in your opinion, Shaykh, is the ruling on some of these tyrants with regards to their deen? Have they committed Riddah, which would allow such rebellion, or is it otherwise? (I have heard from different Shuyookh that they indeed have committed Riddah through their actions, but some people I have heard continue to maintain that they are Muslim and not to be rebelled against.) What is your opinion on this Shaykh? I understand if you do not respond to this.

6) And lastly, again by  giving us 'General 'Ijazah of Musnad/Sunan ad-Darimi' (in what we have not heard) what does that entail...and what does that exactly mean, in effect?

May Allah (swt) have mercy on you Shaykh, and may He (swt) grant you and all of us the blessing of being united in Jannatul Firdaus one day. Good luck in Malaysia, and Indonesia - and especially in Yemen. I pray that Allah (swt) protects you, and grants you a safe journey.

Quote    Reply   

imamghazzaali

Regular Student of Knowledge

#3 [url]

Aug 25 11 7:35 PM

Wa `Alaykum Assalaam,

Regarding al-Hijamah:

www.zhijama.co.uk

• South London
  • London, United Kingdom
  • +44 7950715243
Male & Female Hijama Practitioners available. Arabic/ English 07950715243أخصائيي حجامة من الذكور والإناثيرجى الاتصال على منسق الحجزعربي / إنجليزي 07950715243Zhijama has been set up to revive the Prophetic medicine

The reality of Iman is that a person looks at the faults of others as good deeds and looks at his own good deeds as faults.

Quote    Reply   

mostafa

Student of Knowledge

#4 [url]

Sep 6 11 9:11 PM

as-Salamu `alaykum all,

Just a quick curious question, I know the Shaykh (may Allah bless and preserve him) said to wait a week or so, but has anyone recieved their ijazah yet?

Baraka'Allahu feekum,

Wasalamu `alaykum wa Rahmatu'Allah

Quote    Reply   

md

Senior Student of Knowledge

#5 [url]

Sep 13 11 3:55 AM

As Salaamu Alaikum,
Just wanted to start this thread in case people had question regarding the last class as well as beyond this class.
I have several things -
1) Where can I get a good recipe for Thareed? :)

It is very simple to make and does not really require a recipe as such.  It would be made up of water, meat, bones for flavour, and salt that you would boil until the meat is tender.  Then you would put it in a boil and tear bread up and submerge into the meat soup.  Of course, if you wanted you could add your Garam Masala, but that would spoil the flavour of the meat. :)

2) Where can I get more information about Hijamah, regarding how to do it, etc.?
From Shaikh Google or the link below

3) Does the issue of receiving compensation for Hijamah being disliked cross into other virtous deeds? Meaning, is it allowed for one to say, for example, help the elderly for the reward from Allah (swt) but also ask to get compensated for it? Or is that disliked?
Insh Allah, it this is a job then it should not be a problem.
4) About the hadeeth narrated by Ibn Abi Awfa (r) - so Rasool Ullah (s) used to do actions which we do in Hajj (as that of Safa & Marwah) during his time in Makkah? Or is this hadeeth talking about a different period in Rasool Ullah (s)'s life?
Talking about when he returned to Makkah for Umrah
5) This is a bit unrelated, but since we talked about these tyrant today - and we made dua in specific for the Rebels to be given victory against Ghaddafi (Ameen) - What in your opinion, Shaykh, is the ruling on some of these tyrants with regards to their deen? Have they committed Riddah, which would allow such rebellion, or is it otherwise? (I have heard from different Shuyookh that they indeed have committed Riddah through their actions, but some people I have heard continue to maintain that they are Muslim and not to be rebelled against.) What is your opinion on this Shaykh? I understand if you do not respond to this.
Complex question, that I would prefer not to answer on this forum for various personal reasons.
6) And lastly, again by  giving us 'General 'Ijazah of Musnad/Sunan ad-Darimi' (in what we have not heard) what does that entail...and what does that exactly mean, in effect?
It means that if you were ever to teach the Darimi text in the future, you can teach the whole text and give Ijazah in the whole text not only in the 15 narrations you studied with me.  However, you have not received Ijazah in Tadrees for the whole text.
May Allah (swt) have mercy on you Shaykh, and may He (swt) grant you and all of us the blessing of being united in Jannatul Firdaus one day. Good luck in Malaysia, and Indonesia - and especially in Yemen. I pray that Allah (swt) protects you, and grants you a safe journey.

Ameen and may Allah bless you with the same and more.

-ahmad10

Quote    Reply   

md

#6 [url]

Sep 13 11 4:12 AM

as-Salamu `alaykum all,
Just a quick curious question, I know the Shaykh (may Allah bless and preserve him) said to wait a week or so, but has anyone recieved their ijazah yet?
Baraka'Allahu feekum,
Wasalamu `alaykum wa Rahmatu'Allah

-mostafa

They will be sent out in the next 48 hours, but the name Mustafa did not come up.

Was-salam

Quote    Reply   

mostafa

Student of Knowledge

#7 [url]

Sep 13 11 3:20 PM

Wa `alaykum as-Salam Shaykh,

Is there any reason why it wouldn't have showed up? I attended all lessons for the whole duration. Khayr Insha'Allah, it's probably a sign that I'm not worthy of the ijazah.

Baraka'Allahu feel Sayidi,

Was-Salam
Mostafa

Quote    Reply   

admin

#8 [url]

Sep 14 11 3:48 AM

Wa `alaykum as-Salam Shaykh,
Is there any reason why it wouldn't have showed up? I attended all lessons for the whole duration. Khayr Insha'Allah, it's probably a sign that I'm not worthy of the ijazah.
Baraka'Allahu feel Sayidi,
Was-Salam
Mostafa

-mostafa

Could we request that you email Cordoba Academy with this query so that we can check your name and email address.

Thanks

For Serious Students of the Sacred Islamic Sciences WWW.CORDOBAACADEMY.COM

Quote    Reply   

mollbllm

#10 [url]

Nov 27 11 4:33 AM

Salaam

For some reason one cannot access the pdf for the thulathiyaat text of ad-darimi and it is not on the cordoba academy library.

I did save it when I did the course but some how lost it - can it be reloaded or can someone email it to me please mollbllm at yahoo dot co dot uk

Thanks

Quote    Reply   

md

#11 [url]

Oct 18 13 2:40 PM

As salam mu alaikum

Insha Allah, we will be repeating this course again this term for all those who would like to benefit from a refresher or join for the first time.

Was-salam

MD

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help