SisHK

Student of Knowledge

Lead

Aug 11 15 5:29 AM

Tags : :

BismillahirRahmanirRaheem

Assalamualaykum Dear Sisters

As we enjoy the things Allah has made permissable for us, and we nowadays have the leisure of being able to eat out and travel.
I thought that maybe we could start off a halal thread here, where we state what restaurant serves zabihah halal food.

I must place some conditions though.

I was thinking about the criteria and due to cautiousness I prefer posting refined details about such places

1) State Restaurant
2)Which country/city it is located
3) Are the owners Muslim? Do they pray salah? do they have beards? Hijab?
4) What country is the meat slaughtered in? Is it slaughtered in a Majority Muslim country? or is the meat imported from Brazil?
5) Do you know the details of where the meat was slaughtered or processed?
6) Are you the vendor that supplies the meats?
7) Can you get a local trustworthy scholar to testify that the meat is 100% halal - please also state Madhab.
8) Can you leave your CA forum contact info so you can be asked any further inquiries?

This is not to make halal and haram hard, but it helps for anyone who wants to eat 100% halal without any doubt as this is a forum frequently accessed by students of knowledge and scholars, eating halal is a part of the deen and one of the symbols of being a muslim. This is a good place for resourceful infrmation, and please dont take all posts as definately true without contacting the person directly

And Allah knows best

Wassalam
Quote    Reply   

SisHK

Student of Knowledge

#1 [url]

Aug 11 15 5:35 AM

Sahara Palace Chicago

I called the owner, He is Muslim, He told me they get all meats from zabiha Halal in Chicago, I was given the phone number to a Brother Yusuf, An employe at the restaurant who is muslim stated all meats were locally slaughtered by hand, and were processed there in Chicago.

I also witnessed 3 or four groups of muslims eating at the restaurant. The woman who made the food wore hijab and the brother had a slight goatie, very old in age, but he did not have a beard. There was a Musallah in the restaurant so it showed me that the owners were praying.

A dish I highly advise is the veggie platter, the gyro is not like the british doner kebab but the gyro does have some feta cheese on it with lots of veggies its quite healthy.

Quote    Reply   

SisHK

Student of Knowledge

#2 [url]

Aug 20 15 5:47 AM

Midamar Aug 2015

Bismillah

I called Midamar yesterday. I was transfered to a woman called shirley or cheryl or something along those lines I dont remember but it was a Western name. I did not ask if she was Muslim as I was in a rush. (Terrible I know)

Okey doke so I called about the slaughtering process. She said the turkey was all machine slaughtered there is a muslim slaughter man who is there who recites "the prayer" in her words I assumed she meant Tasmiya. He repeats the prayer she said. she wasnt completely sure exactly but she said because of the speed of the machine it would be impossible to read the prayer on each and every single turkey..some would be missed..hence its doubtful in my opinion to eat it.

the chicken she said was both hand slaughtered and machine slaughtered....the packaged processed products were done by machine..the fresh chicken was hand slaughtered

All beef and lamb products are hand slaughtered.

so the beef and lamb and fresh chicken would be halal
And Allah knows best

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help